Feeling chili? This quick turkey chili will warm you up in no time on those cold winter evenings.
|1 package||Foster Farms Ground Turkey|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|2 tsps||chili powder|
|1 can||(14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1 can||(14 1/2 oz.) kidney beans, undrained|
|1 cup||salsa or picante sauce|
|4 tbsps||shredded cheddar cheese|
1. Spray large saucepan with non-stick cooking spray or add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
2. Over medium heat, cook and stir ground turkey, garlic and onion until the turkey reaches a safe internal temperature of at least 165°F (about 8 minutes). Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature.
3. Stir in chili powder, tomatoes, beans and salsa.
4. Cook uncovered over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle chili into bowls and top with 1 tablespoon cheese.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.