|2||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into ½ inch pieces|
|3 tbsps||olive oil|
|2 cups||chopped yellow onion|
|1 tbsp||chopped fresh garlic|
|2 tsps||chopped jalepeno pepper, seeded|
|2 tsps||dried oregano|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|⅓ cup||dry sherry|
|2 cups||low sodium chicken broth|
|2 cans||(15 ounces per can) cannellini beans, drained|
|1 cup||shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|•||salt & pepper to taste|
|•||sour cream & chopped fresh cilantro for garnish|
1. In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and sauté until browned on both sides and cooked until thickest piece reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 9-10 minutes. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same Dutch oven, with additional oil if needed, sauté onions until tender. Add chopped garlic, chopped jalepeno, dried oregano, ground cumin and sauté for another 2 minutes.
3. Return cooked chicken to the Dutch oven, stir and deglaze with sherry. Once sherry has reached a boil, add chicken broth and cannellini beans. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese until melted, add additional salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon into bowls and garnish with dollops of sour cream and fresh cilantro.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.