|1-½ lbs||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into ½-inch pieces|
|1 tbsp||fresh chopped rosemary|
|¼ tsp||sea salt|
|¼ tsp||fresh black pepper|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|1||sweet yellow onion, medium-sized, halved and sliced thin|
|1 tbsp||balsamic vinegar|
|4 cups||kale leaves, stems removed, loosely packed|
|¼ cup||walnuts, toasted|
|1 tsp||lemon zest|
|1 cup||ricotta cheese|
|¼ tsp||sea salt|
|1/8 tsp||fresh black pepper|
1. Roast yams. (To speed up the cooking process, microwave for 5 minutes, then bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes.)
2. Cut chicken into ½-inch pieces and toss with chopped fresh rosemary, pinch sea salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Sauté chicken until lightly brown and cooked until internal temperature of thickest piece of chicken reaches 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add a little olive oil to coat the chicken, and sauté the sliced onions until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook 1 minute, then add chopped kale and sauté 2 more minutes. Add chicken and any juices and stir. Remove from heat and stir in toasted walnuts.
5. Gently stir lemon zest into ricotta, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, drizzle of olive oil and stir.
6. Split yams in half lengthwise, and place a large spoonful of chicken vegetable mix on top. Top with 2 tablespoons of lemon ricotta on each yam.
7. Place back in preheated 400°F oven for 2 minutes to warm and melt ricotta.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.