1 pound of Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
1 ½ cups whole, rolled oats (not instant)
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
⅓ cup yellow mustard
2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F on bake setting.
2. Place the oats in a blender. Blend on high until ground into a fine flour.
3. In a shallow baking dish or pie pan, stir together the oat flour, Parmesan cheese and salt using a whisk. Set aside.
4. In a second medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then coat with the oat flour mixture. Place the coated chicken pieces onto a large baking sheet pan lined with a silicone baking mat, parchment paper, or a nonstick baking sheet pan sprayed with oil. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces. Discard any remaining egg or oat flour mixture.
6. Drizzle the chicken pieces evenly with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then flip the pieces and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, gently flipping halfway through, until slightly golden and thickest piece is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature.
8. While chicken is cooking, make the dipping sauce by whisking together the honey and the mustard.
9. Serve the nuggets hot with the dipping sauce on the side.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.