4 Foster Farms Simply Raised™ Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 5 oz each)
2 tsp olive oil
1½ tbsp light brown sugar
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano (or use thyme)
¾ tsp paprika
¾ tsp ancho chili powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line the baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
2. Trim any membranes or fat from the breasts with a knife. Wrap the breasts in plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet, rolling pin, or the back of the saucepan to an even thickness.
3. In a small bowl, mix in all the seasoning ingredients: light brown sugar, cumin, paprika, ancho chili pepper, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking sheet.
5. Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle and rub both sides evenly with homemade chicken seasoning.
6. Bake for about 15-18 minutes depending on the thickness or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Note: An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
7. Remove the cooked chicken breast from the oven then transfer to a clean plate. Serve and enjoy!
If the chicken breast is too large, you can slice it in half horizontally, starting at the thickest end, working away from you and toward the thinner end.
Recipe credit: Posh Journal
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.