|6||Foster Farms chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless|
|¼ cup||canola oil|
|¼ tsp||black pepper|
|2 tsp||chopped fresh thyme|
|½ cup||balsamic vinegar|
|½ cup||goat cheese (4 oz package)|
|2 tbls||canola oil|
|1 cup||sliced mushrooms|
|⅛ tsp||black pepper|
|1 tsp||chopped fresh thyme|
1. In large skillet over medium-high heat, warm canola oil. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté, stirring, until mushrooms have given up liquid, about 7 minutes.
2. Remove mushrooms from skillet and place in medium bowl. Add thyme, stir and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Prepare chicken by warming canola oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and fresh thyme. Place in pan and cook, turning, about 7 minutes per side, or until done throughout. Remove from pan and place on plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Lower temperature on stove to medium-low. Add balsamic vinegar to the same skillet; deglaze pan, scraping up all browned bits. Reduce heat to low and cook until vinegar reduces, about 3 minutes. Stir in butter. Pour glaze through a strainer and into small bowl. Break up goat cheese into small crumbles, add honey and stir to combine.
5. To serve, place chicken breasts on platter and top with mushrooms. Drizzle balsamic glaze over chicken and add honey goat cheese crumbles on top of mushrooms.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.