|1 lb||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets|
|4 cups||low sodium chicken broth|
|2 tbsps||olive oil, divided|
|1 tsp||salt, divided|
|1 tsp||black pepper, divided|
|1 tbsp||fresh chopped thyme|
|8 oz||chopped cremini mushrooms|
|2 cups||chopped yellow onion|
|½ bunch||fresh Swiss chard, preferably red or rainbow, stems reserved and leaves chopped|
|1 tbsp||chopped garlic|
|2 cups||Arborio rice|
|1 cup||dry Washington state white wine, such as sauvignon blanc|
|1 cup||shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1||large lemon, juiced|
1. In a stockpot, heat chicken broth, water and bay leaf to just boiling. Reduce heat to lowest setting and allow to simmer covered.
2. In a large Dutch oven, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and chopped thyme. Cook about 5 minutes until brown on first side, turn chicken over and continue cooking until thickest part of chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, about 5 minutes. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Remove chicken to a bowl, cover and set aside.
3. To the same Dutch oven, reduce heat to medium, add mushrooms and cook until they have released some of their juices, scraping up as much of the browned bits as possible, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms to the bowl of cooked chicken, cover and set aside.
4. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to Dutch oven and increase heat to medium-high. Add onions and diced Swiss chard stems. Cook, stirring until onions have become translucent and brown bits are scraped from bottom of pan, about 5 minutes.
5. Add remaining ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and chopped garlic, stir 30 seconds.
6. Add Arborio rice to onions and Swiss chard, cook and stir until outer edges of rice are translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and stir until dissolved. Reduce heat to medium. Add warmed broth ½-1 cup at a time, stirring in each addition until rice is desired consistency, about 20 to 30 minutes, using up to 6 cups of broth. Remove from heat.
7. Add Parmesan cheese; stir until melted. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Add chicken, mushrooms and juices and stir until combined. Add broth if moisture is needed. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.