|6||Foster Farms chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|2¼ tsp||salt, divided|
|1 tbsp||minced ginger root|
|4 cloves||garlic, chopped, divided|
|3 tbsp||peanut oil, divided|
|6||green onions, chopped, with whites and greens divided|
|1½ cups||jasmine rice, rinsed well and drained|
|2 cups||low-sodium chicken broth|
|¼ cup||lemon juice, divided|
|⅔ cup||dried cherries, chopped|
|1 tbsp||toasted sesame oil|
|⅓ cup||rice wine vinegar|
|¼ cup||hoisin sauce|
|1½ tbsp||honey, divided|
|1||large lemon or 2 small, finely grated zest|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes, divided|
|2 tsp||black sesame seeds|
|1 lb||fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|½ cup||chopped cilantro, divided|
|⅓||roasted salted almonds, roughly chopped|
1. Mix chicken, one teaspoon salt, ginger and half of the garlic. Set aside.
2. In medium saucepan over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Stir in onion whites, remaining garlic and jasmine rice. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until beginning to toast. Add broth, half of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes. Uncover, fluff with fork and stir in dried cherries, sesame oil and remaining green onions. Set aside.
3. In large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon peanut oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until no longer pink on the outside.
4. In small bowl, stir together vinegar, hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, remaining lemon juice, half of the lemon zest and 1/4-teaspoon red pepper flakes. Add sauce to chicken in pan and continue cooking for 10 additional minutes on medium. Raise heat to high and cook for 2 to 4 minutes until sauce on chicken is dark and has thickened. Sprinkle chicken with black sesame seeds. Remove pan from heat, set aside and keep warm.
5. In second large frying pan, warm remaining peanut oil over high heat. Add asparagus, remaining honey, red pepper and remaining salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 4 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
6. To serve, plate rice on serving platter. Top with half of the cilantro, almonds and roasted asparagus, and then top that with chicken pieces. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and lemon zest.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.