Keep it clean: what to wash and when.
Use these tips to keep your family and food safe and healthy.
At Foster Farms, we’ve always been committed to freshness, quality, and the good health of our customers, so we remind you to follow the Poultry ABCs – Always Be Careful.
- Wash hands thoroughly with water and soap for at least 20 seconds before handling food.
- Wash hands after handling or switching between raw meats, poultry, seafood, or vegetables.
- Wash hands after using the restroom.
- Wash hands after using the phone.
- Wash hands after handling garbage or dirty dishes.
Sink & Utensils
- Clean your sink before using it for food preparation.
- Wash utensils that have come in contact with the floor or other contaminated areas.
- Use only clean utensils to open packages and cans of food.
- Wash utensils used for tasting before reusing.
- Store raw ingredients on refrigerator shelves below ready-to-eat foods.
- Refrigerate raw meats and poultry on a plate to prevent contamination of refrigerator shelves.
- Never wash raw chicken.
Cutting Boards & Plates
- Wash cutting boards and countertops with a mild bleach solution after cutting raw foods.
- Place cooked foods on a clean plate instead of returning them to the plate or marinade that held raw foods.
- Use separate cutting boards for raw meat.
- Wash all produce thoroughly.
- Store washed produce in a new, clean container or bag.