1 large lemon
Coarse salt, Hawaiian or kosher
Freshly ground pepper
2-3 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1. Remove backbone from chicken by cutting at ribs along backbone with knife or kitchen shears. Discard backbone. Rinse bird and pat dry thoroughly.
2. Prepare baking sheet by covering with foil. Spread olive oil on foil, sprinkle coarse salt, pepper and juice of half the lemon on sheet. Leave squeezed lemon in the center of the baking sheet.
3. Place bird on baking sheet; press down hard on breastbone to flatten bird. Tuck wing tips under bird.
4. Spread olive oil over entire bird. Squeeze remaining half of lemon over bird. Sprinkle liberally with coarse salt, pepper and parsley.
5. Bake at 375°F approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, until juices are clear and skin is crispy.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.