Using a Foster Farms Whole Chicken, this is a wonderful, warm, home-cooked meal the entire family will enjoy.
|1||Foster Farms Whole Bird|
|1/2 cup||sage leaves, loosely packed|
|1||small carrot (2 oz.), peeled and halved|
|1||small onion (4 oz.)|
|1||celery stalk (2 oz.), cut into 2-inch lengths|
|1/2 cup||white wine|
|1 cup||chicken broth|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Season the cavity with salt and pepper, then stuff with lemon and herbs.
2. Tie the drumsticks together. Rub chicken with oil, salt and pepper. Place the vegetables in a lightly oiled roasting pan.
3. Add chicken, breast-side down and roast for 30 minutes. Turn chicken, breast-side up and roast for 40 minutes.
4. Add wine to pan and set oven temperature to 450°F. Continue to cook for 10 to 15 minutes until internal temperature reaches 180°F.
5. Remove chicken and vegetables and place on serving platter. Add chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping up glazed bits. Process this mixture in a blender, strain sauce and serve on the side.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.