|1 lb||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into ½ inch pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper|
|2 tbsps||olive oil, divided|
|2||West Coast grown Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and cut into a ¼ inch dice|
|¼ cup||apple juice|
|2 tbsps||cider vinegar|
|¼ cup||crumbled blue cheese|
|¼ cup||chopped Oregon hazelnuts|
|1 bag||mixed greens (about 4-5 oz.)|
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chicken and sauté until the chicken is golden brown and the internal temperature of thickest piece of chicken reaches 165°F, about 5-7 minutes. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a mixing bowl, set aside.
4. Add apples to the same skillet (adding the reserved oil if needed) Cook apples on medium heat until they become soft, about 10 minutes. Add the cooked apples to the chicken.
5. Add the apple juice and cider vinegar to the hot skillet and stir, scraping up any of the browned bits on the bottom. Bring to a simmer and then pour over the chicken and apples and toss.
6. Arrange mixed greens on a platter, top with the chicken salad, and then top with the blue cheese and hazelnuts. Served with assorted flatbreads.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.