|2 lbs||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|3 tbsps||cornstarch, divided|
|1 tsp||kosher salt, divided|
|2 tbsps||olive oil, divided|
|1 tbsp||chopped fresh garlic|
|1 lb||fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|½ cup||freshly squeezed California orange juice (from about 2 oranges)|
|½ cup||chicken stock|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|⅓ cup||roasted, salted cashews|
1. Place the chicken in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cornstarch and ¼ teaspoon salt. Toss together until the chicken is evenly coated.
2. In a large pan or Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Working in batches, add the chicken in an even layer and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until both sides are browned and thickest piece of chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Add extra olive oil in between batches if needed to help prevent sticking.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. To the same pan, add an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil and the garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute, until the garlic starts to turn golden, stirring constantly. Add the green beans, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the green beans are bright green and slightly tender.
4. While green beans are cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together remaining cornstarch, salt, orange juice, honey, chicken stock, and the lemon juice. This step can be done ahead.
5. Add the chicken back to the pan with the green beans, then pour in the orange juice mixture. Cook over medium low heat for 3-4 minutes, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the sauce thickens.
6. Turn the heat off, then stir in cashews. Serve immediately.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.