|4||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken thin-sliced breast fillets|
|2 cups||cornflake crumbs|
|2 tbsps||olive oil, divided|
|1||large or 2 medium Gravenstein apples, julienne|
|1 cup||heirloom rainbow carrots, julienne|
|1 tbsp||green onion, thinly sliced on the bias|
|1 tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|½ cup||plain Greek yogurt|
|2 tbsps||sriracha hot sauce|
|4||brioche buns, split and toasted|
1. Pour buttermilk into a shallow dish. Lightly salt and pepper chicken breasts and add to buttermilk, turning to fully coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F.
3. Shake excess buttermilk off each chicken breast, then coat in cornflake crumbs, pressing firmly into crumbs multiple times if needed. Drizzle the chicken breasts evenly with olive oil, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the coated chicken breasts on a nonstick baking sheet and bake about 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken reaches 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature.
4. While the chicken is baking, toss together the slaw. In a mixing bowl, add the julienne apples, julienne carrots, green onions, lemon juice, remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper; stir to combine.
5. In another bowl, whisk together yogurt and sriracha until well combined.
6. To build sandwich, spread sriracha Greek yogurt on bottom half of bun, place one finished chicken breast on bottom half of the bun. Then top each breast with the apple and carrot slaw, and cover with other bun half.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.