|2 lbs||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken breast fillets|
|1 tsp||chopped fresh garlic|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|⅓ cup||balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||kosher salt|
|¼ tsp||black pepper|
|⅓ cup||olive oil|
|For the Salad:|
|4 ounces||chopped romaine hearts|
|4 ounces||fresh baby spinach|
|1||large or 2 small California avocados, thinly sliced|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves|
|¼ cup||slivered almonds, toasted|
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the chopped garlic, honey, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk again until combined.
2. Pour half (about ⅓ cup) of the honey balsamic dressing into a large baking dish or zip-top bag. Add the chicken, stir to coat and refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes. Set aside the remaining dressing for the salad.
3. Heat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
4. Preheat grill to med-high heat. Add chicken to grill and cook approximately 10-12 minutes per side until internal temperature of thickest part of chicken reaches 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Remove from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, and then slice into thin strips. Cover and set aside.
5. Toss the romaine and spinach with the remaining ⅓ cup dressing. Divide evenly between 4 plates and top with sliced avocado, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced grilled chicken, and toasted slivered almonds. Serve immediately.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.