|For the Lemon Dressing:|
|1 tbsp||lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)|
|¼ cup||lemon juice|
|1-½ tsps||kosher salt|
|1 tsp||finely chopped fresh garlic|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|¼ cup||virgin olive oil|
|For the Skewers:|
|1 lb||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|•||Bamboo skewers, for grilling|
|For the Salad:|
|½ cup||red onion, thinly sliced|
|1||pint cherry tomatoes (10 ounces), sliced into halves|
|1||-1/2 cups English cucumber, ½ inch dice|
|1 cup||red bell pepper, ½ inch dice|
|¼ cup||Kalamata olives, pitted, sliced in half lengthwise|
|For the Pita Chips:|
|4||whole wheat pitas|
|4 tsps||olive oil|
|1 tsp||kosher salt|
|½ cup||crumbled feta cheese for topping|
1. Place 4 long wooden skewers in water to soak.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, garlic, honey, and oregano, whisking until the honey has dissolved. Stream in the olive oil while continually whisking until well combined.
3. In a shallow baking dish or zip-top bag, whisk dressing again to combine and then add ½ of the lemon dressing to the chicken, tossing to coat. Marinate refrigerated for 30-60 minutes. Reserve the other ½ of lemon dressing.
4. While the chicken marinates, make the salad by combining the sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced bell peppers, and pitted sliced olives in a medium bowl. Pour the remaining lemon dressing over the vegetables and stir to combine.
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Remove the bamboo skewers from the water, thread pieces of chicken onto 4 skewers evenly.
6. Preheat grill to med-high heat. Grill chicken skewers approximately 8-10 min per side until nicely crusted and thickest part of chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Remove from the grill and set aside.
7. Turn grill down to medium heat. Brush each pita with ½ teaspoon of olive oil per side and lightly sprinkle salt on each side. Grill for approximately 2 minutes per side until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from grill and cut pitas into quarters.
8. Drain any excess dressing from the salad.
9. Arrange 4 pita triangles on each plate. Top each plate with the salad, then remove chicken from each skewer and place on each plate. Garnish with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.