|8 oz||Foster Farms Simply Raised boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tsps||chopped fresh garlic|
|4 cups||chopped fresh kale|
|4 cups||chicken broth|
|•||salt and pepper|
|For the dumplings:|
|1 tbsp||chopped chives|
|¼ tsp||baking powder|
1. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside (chicken will not be fully cooked at this step and should not be consumed). To the same pan, add the garlic, stir and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add kale and cook until the kale begins to wilt, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pan, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Check that the thickest piece of chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature.
5. While the broth cooks, make the dumplings.
6. Combine the flour, chives, baking powder and salt with a whisk.
7. Add the milk and stir to form the dough.
8. After 30 minutes, add the dumplings by using a teaspoon to drop them gently into the broth. Cover and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.