|1½ lbs||Foster Farms Simply Raised breast tenders|
|3 ¾ cups||buttermilk, divided|
|¼ cup||kosher salt|
|¾ tsp||ground black pepper, divided|
|2 cups||all-purpose flour|
|6||fresh figs, quartered (use 5 oz dried figs when not in season)|
|½ cup||toasted slivered almonds|
|2 oz||shaved Parmesan cheese|
|1||recipe White Wine Vinaigrette (below)|
|White Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients:|
|½ cup||olive oil|
|3 tbsps||good-quality white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp||teaspoon Dijon-style mustard|
|¼ tsp||black pepper|
1. For brine, in a resealable plastic bag set in a bowl, combine 3 cups of the buttermilk, the kosher salt, sugar, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add breast tenders to brine; seal bag. Turn bag to coat chicken with brine mixture. Chill overnight, or at least 4 hours; remove chicken from brine. Drain chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Divide flour mixture evenly between two shallow dishes. In another shallow dish, place the remaining 3/4 cup buttermilk. Dip breast tenders into flour mixture in the first shallow dish, turning to completely coat. Dip flour-coated chicken in the buttermilk, turning to coat. Coat again with flour mixture in the second shallow dish. Spray with cooking spray.
3. Heat oven to 425°F. Place breast tenders on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake, 20 minutes, or until internal temperature of thickest piece of chicken reaches 165°F. Always use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the arugula, figs, almonds, and Parmesan cheese.
5. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all white wine vinaigrette ingredients until smooth.
6. Drizzle salad mix lightly with half the vinaigrette; divide the mixture among four bowls. Top with the breast tenders. Pass remaining dressing.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.