|2 lbs||Foster Farms ground chicken|
|½ cup||fresh sage|
|½ cup||fresh basil|
|1 tbls||soy sauce|
|1 tsp||orange zest|
|1 cup||whole wheat bread crumbs|
|2 tbls||garlic, chopped|
|1 tbls||black pepper|
|1 tsp||ground sage|
|1 tsp||red pepper flake|
|½ cup||olive oil|
|8||sandwich rolls or baguette slices|
|2 cups||red wine vinegar|
|½ cup||light brown sugar|
|2 tbls||fresh ginger, chopped|
|1 tsp||yellow mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||lemon zest|
|¼ tsp||ground allspice|
|¼ tsp||ground cloves|
|1¼ lbs||figs, stems removed and cut in half (use dried figs if fresh not available)|
|2 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tbls||chopped sage|
|1 tsp||fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp||black pepper|
1. Prepare fig chutney by combining red wine vinegar, brown sugar, onion, ginger, mustard seeds, lemon zest, salt, allspice and cloves in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is thickened and reduced by about two-thirds, about 15 minutes.
2. Add figs and cook gently until they are very soft and beginning to fall apart, about 15 to 20 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, sage, basil, soy sauce, ketchup, orange zest, cinnamon, bread crumbs, eggs and garlic.
4. Form mixture into meatballs and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle meatballs with olive oil and place in hot oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
5. While meatballs are baking, prepare sage aioli by combining mayonnaise, garlic, sage, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir well to combine.
6. To assemble sandwich, spread rolls or bread with sage aioli. Add three meatballs to each sandwich; top with arugula and fig chutney.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.