|1 to 1½ lbs||Foster Farms Organic Boneless thin-sliced chicken breast fillets|
|1 tbls||orange juice|
|1 tbls||champagne vinegar (may substitute white wine vinegar)|
|2||large navel oranges, zested (save one zested orange for later use)|
|2 tsp||salt, divided|
|¾ tsp||freshly ground black pepper, divided|
|2 tbls||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||large fennel bulb, trimmed|
|2 cups||panko breadcrumbs|
|⅓ cup||peanut oil|
1. In large bowl, whisk together orange juice, champagne vinegar, sugar, one teaspoon orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
2. Cut white pith away from reserved zested orange; cut orange into small cubes.
3. Chop fennel bulb into small cubes. Peel avocado, remove pit and chop into small cubes. Cut chile in half lengthwise, remove and discard seeds and finely mince. Place orange pieces, fennel, avocado and chile in bowl containing dressing; toss gently and refrigerate while preparing chicken.
4. Preheat oven to 200° F. Place flour in shallow bowl; combine with remaining salt and pepper. In second shallow bowl, beat eggs well with fork. Place panko breadcrumbs in third shallow bowl; stir in zest from one orange.
5. In large skillet over medium high heat, warm peanut oil. Dredge each chicken fillet in flour mixture, then dip in eggs and coat with panko-orange mixture. Place coated chicken in hot oil and sauté, turning, about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken with tongs and place on bakers rack over a cookie sheet in oven to keep warm.
6. To serve, place salad on plates. Top each salad with one or two chicken fillets.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.