|1 lb||Foster Farms chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, trimmed|
|4 cups||low-sodium chicken broth|
|2 tbsp||olive oil, divided|
|1 tsp||salt, divided|
|1 tsp||freshly ground black pepper, divided|
|1 tbsp||fresh thyme leaves, minced, divided|
|8 oz||cremini mushrooms|
|½||bunch Swiss chard, preferably red or rainbow, leaves chopped and stems reserved|
|1||large onion, diced|
|1 tbsp||fresh garlic, pressed or minced|
|2 cups||Arborio rice|
|1 cup||dry Washington state white wine, such as sauvignon blanc|
|1 cup||shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1||large lemon, juiced|
1. In a stockpot, heat chicken broth, water and bay leaf to just boiling. Reduce heat to lowest setting and allow to simmer, covered.
2. In a large Dutch oven, warm 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and thyme. Cook about 4 minutes until browned on first side, turn and continue cooking until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium, remove chicken to bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. To same Dutch oven, add mushrooms and allow to cook until they have released some of their juices, scraping up as much of the browned bits as possible, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms to chicken and cover to keep warm.
4. Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to Dutch oven and increase heat to medium-high. Dice stems from Swiss chard. Add onions, diced chard stems, remaining salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring until onions have become translucent and brown bits are scraped from bottom of pan, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and garlic, stir 30 seconds.
5. Add rice to onions, cook and stir until outer edges of rice are translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine and stir until dissolved. Reduce heat to just over medium. Add warmed broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring in each addition until rice is desired consistency, about 20 to 30 minutes, using up 6+ cups of the broth. Remove from heat.
6. Add Parmesan cheese; stir until melted. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Add chicken, mushrooms and juices and chopped chard leaves; stir until combined. Add broth if moisture is needed. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.