|12||Foster Farms fresh chicken breast tenders|
|⅓ cup||brewed espresso|
|3 tbsp||soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||brown sugar|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|½ tsp||hot sauce|
|2 tbsp||apple cider vinegar, divided|
|1½ tsp||salt, divided|
|2 tbsp||olive oil, divided|
|½||large Walla Walla sweet onion, chopped|
|1 cup||red and yellow bell peppers, cut into matchsticks|
|¾ cup||hazelnuts, roasted and chopped, 2 tablespoons reserved|
|2 tbsp||chopped Italian parsley|
1. In large bowl, whisk together espresso, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
2. Rinse chicken tenders and pat dry. Place chicken in large plastic bag with zip lock top; pour marinade over chicken and seal. Turn bag once every 10 minutes. Let chicken marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Rinse quinoa and drain thoroughly. Place quinoa in medium sauce pan over high heat; add water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and set aside to cool.
4. While quinoa is cooking, warm 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and remaining salt to pan; saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Add peppers and stir for an additional minute. Pour remaining apple cider vinegar over mixture; stir to deglaze pan.
5. In large bowl, combine onion and pepper mixture, cooked quinoa, hazelnuts and parsley.
6. Remove chicken from marinade. In large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, warm remaining olive oil. Place chicken tenders in pan and cook, turning, about 3 minutes per side, until browned.
7. Plate quinoa mixture on serving dish. Top with chicken tenders and reserved hazelnuts.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.