|2||Foster Farms Spinach and Feta Sausages (sliced)|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||red onion, thinly sliced|
|3 cloves||garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 cup||(firmly packed) Tuscan kale (also called lacinato kale), stems and ribs removed and thinly sliced|
|•||Salt, to taste|
|•||Pepper, to taste|
|•||Pinch of dried red pepper flakes (optional)|
|•||Squeeze of lemon|
|3/4 cup||whole-milk ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese|
|¼ cup||grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|16 ounces||refrigerated whole-wheat pizza dough, allowed to relax at room temperature|
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet, and then sauté onion over medium-low heat, stirring until softened (about 10 minutes).
3. Add garlic, kale, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper (if desired), and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the kale is softened. Apply a good squeeze of lemon.
4. While the kale is cooking, combine ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and oregano in a medium-size bowl.
5. On a lightly floured surface press, roll and stretch the dough out to a 13-inch diameter circle and transfer that to a 13-inch nonstick pizza crisper pan. Spread the cheese mixture over the dough uniformly, leaving a ½-inch border around the edge. Distribute the kale mixture evenly over the pie, top with the sausage slices, and bake until the crust is crisp and browned (approximately 12 to 14 minutes).
6. Cut the pizza into the desired number and size of slices, and serve.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.