|1 lb||Foster Farms 99/1 Ground Turkey|
|¼ cup||bread crumbs|
|¼ cup||grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving|
|¼ cup||chopped flat leaf parsley, plus more for serving|
|4||garlic cloves, minced, divided|
|•||Salt & pepper|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||medium onion, diced|
|3||large carrots, sliced|
|2||32-oz. containers chicken broth|
|6 tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|2 tsp||fresh lemon zest|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, ¼ cup Parmesan, ¼ cup chopped parsley, egg and two minced garlic cloves. Use your hands to mix everything together really well. Season with salt & pepper and mix.
3. Scoop tablespoons of turkey mixture and form into balls. Place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake meatballs 12 minutes until cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and remaining garlic and sauté until beginning to soften, about 8 minutes. Pour in chicken stock, lemon juice and zest, and stir. Bring to a boil, and then stir in orzo. Cook at a light boil 8 to 9 minutes, until orzo is tender. Season with salt & pepper.
6. To serve, place 4 or 5 meatballs in a bowl, and ladle soup over top. Top with chopped parsley and Parmesan.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.