No flour or bread, this from-scratch pizza is high in protein and low in carbs. Perfect to satisfy your pizza craving without feeling guilty!
|1.5 lbs||Foster Farms® Organic or Simply Raised fresh chicken|
|1-2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 tsp||Italian Spice Blend*|
|1/3 cup||Parmesan cheese, fresh shredded|
|1/3 cup||nonfat mozzarella cheese, fresh shredded|
|2-3 tbsp||pizza or pasta sauce|
|•||favorite veggies and/or meats|
|1/2 cup||nonfat mozzarella cheese, fresh shredded|
|1/2 cup||Parmesan cheese, fresh shredded|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut chicken into 1" cubes and then place into a food processor/blender/ninja in small batches to create a sort of homemade ground chicken. I suggest using breast meat, but you can also use thigh/dark meat if you like. However, if you choose to use dark meat, then be prepared to drain fatty liquid periodically while baking crust.
3. Place ground chicken into a bowl along with garlic, Italian spices, cheeses and egg white. Mix thoroughly.
4. Line a pizza pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken mixture ball onto paper.
5. Roll out enough plastic wrap to cover whole pan/sheet and place on top of chicken mixture ball. Press chicken mixture down and out until it fills pan/sheet. Remove plastic wrap.
6. *Note* The photos show a thicker 'crust' as I only pressed the chicken mixture down to about 1/2 inch thick. Since this was my first attempt, I wanted to make sure the base would be firm, and not floppy. The upside is that the slices end up being much more filling, but if you want to get a crispier crust, I would recommend spreading it down to 1/4 inch. You could also spray your pan with baking spray and omit parchment paper as well to encourage further crisping.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-25 minutes, or until crust appears golden and to desired crispness. Thicker crusts will be more towards 20-25 minutes and thin crusts will cook in 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it!
8. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Use this time to gather and slice your favorite toppings.
9. Spread sauce and top with mozzarella. Add toppings and then finish off with parmesan. TIP: I know its hard, but try not to overload with toppings as with any pizza, this will cause sogginess in the center. Also, wait until removing from oven at end before adding fresh herbs like basil or arugula.
10. Bake at 400 degrees for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese topping has slightly browned/desired doneness.
11. Slice, serve and enjoy this guilt-free, low carb, high protein meal!
*Use your favorite Italian Seasoning or make your own by combining onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.