|4||Foster Farms Chicken Apple Sausages, each cut into 6 pieces|
|1||red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|1||medium-size Granny Smith apple, trimmed and cut into 16 chunks|
|2 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 tbsp||soy sauce|
|1||pinch cayenne pepper|
|6 ounces||frozen apple juice concentrate, defrosted|
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk the mustard, soy sauce, cinnamon and a dash of cayenne. Stir in the apple juice concentrate and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and continue simmering until the glaze thickens and will coat a spoon (approximately 5 to 7 minutes). Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Thread skewers with sausage, vegetable and apple pieces in an alternating fashion.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and grill the skewers, basting with the glaze and turning, until the sausage is browned and the vegetables are softened (approximately 10 to 12 minutes).
Serving suggestion: These go great with rice pilaf and a simple salad.
COOK TO A SAFE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF AT LEAST 165°F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine the temperature. Do not rely solely on suggested cooking times. Cooking appliances vary in temperature and cooking times are a GUIDE ONLY.