Essential Job Functions:
1. Count eggs from each house. Load eggs onto trailer – ability to lift 4 flats at a time.
2. Transport eggs to egg room using 4 wheeler. Unload eggs into egg room and stack onto pallets.
3. Perform same tasks as an egg gatherer.
4. These include: Gather eggs – which includes: Sorting eggs for: Size, Clean or dirty, Miss-shaped and Checks or cracks.
Clean eggs as needed. Stacking flats.
5. Clean workrooms – sweeping with a broom, bending down to hold dustpan.
6. Empty trash – lift up to 50 lbs.
7. Walk floors and slats to find eggs and dead birds.
8. Help maintain and clean ranch grounds.
9. Clean waterers – lifting 40 lbs. to dump water, scrubbing up to 160 drinkers/day.
10. Clean lights – climb ladder 12’ to reach lights mounted in ceiling.
11. Transfer to other farms – reliable transportation.
12. Clean up ranch between flocks – routine heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), operate high- pressure washer.
1. Good management skills: personnel, organizational skills, conscientious, accepts responsibility, shows interest in ranch
2. Outstanding motivation: must be self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
3. Good work record.
4. Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) required.
5. Must be able to lift & carry 50 pounds.
6. Must be able to climb a 12-foot ladder, step into & out of gathering pit (steep stairs), bend over & pick up eggs from floor &
walk 1.5 – 5 miles per day.
7. Must have reliable transportation.