Essential Job Functions:
1. Use a SCADA computer system and manual controls to operate and monitor all Waste Water Treatment Plant operations.
2. Operate valves and gates; start and stop pumps, engines and electric motors to control and adjust flow and treatment
processes; operate and maintain boilers; perform routine maintenance work on valves, tanks and related equipment and
3. Monitor sludge and effluent ponds as required. Input plant operation data in computer; plot operational trends.
4. Operate SCADA computer system and related software. Perform routine plant ground maintenance work including painting
and landscape work.
5. Operate treatment plant vehicles and stationary machinery as required. Collect samples and perform routine laboratory tests
6. Perform advanced journey level assignments including the supervision of subordinate personnel and making independent
judgments and decisions involving basic plant operations.
7. Act as Lead Plant Operator when necessary.
8. Develop and update SOP’s and processes.
9. Train and develop lower level Wastewater Operators.
10. Don proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Additional Job Functions:
1. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must possess a Grade II Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate, issued by the State of CA.
2. Must have three (3) years of experience as a Wastewater Plant Operator.
3. Must be literate in Microsoft Applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
4. Must be able to obtain PIT certification.
5. Must have high school diploma or GED certificate; college degree is a plus.
6. Must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
7. Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision.
8. Must be able to operate hand and power tools, vehicles and heavy equipment.
9. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
10. Must be able to tolerate extreme fluctuations in temperature while performing essentials functions.
11. Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights.
12. Must be able to submit and pass criminal background check.