Essential Job Functions:
1. Gathering and sorting eggs for size, clean or dirty, mis-shaped, chex or cracks. Clean eggs as needed and stacking flats.
2. Clean workrooms – sweeping with a broom, bending down to hold dustpan.
3. Empty trash – lift up to 50 lbs.
4. Change dip pans daily – empty rectangular plastic pan ½ full of liquid, replace liquid. Walk floors and slats to find eggs and
5. Walk houses 4-5 times daily requires 1.5 to 5 miles of walking each day. Ability to bend down and pick up eggs from floor or
6. Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (4 flats of eggs).
7. Step into and out of gathering pit numerous times each day (steep stairs).
8. Gather onto flats up to 13,600 eggs daily from conveyor belts.
9. Help maintain and clean ranch grounds. Clean waterers – lifting 40 lbs. to dump water, scrubbing up to 160 drinkers/day and
clean lights – climb ladder 12’ to reach lights mounted in ceiling.
10. Transfer to other farms – reliable transportation.
11. Clean up ranch between flocks – routine heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), operate high-pressure washer.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Additional tasks as assigned.
1. Must be able to lift & carry 50 pounds.
2. Ability to walk 1.5 – 5 miles per day.
3. Able to step into & out of gathering pit numerous times each day (steep stairs).
4. Able to bend over & pick up eggs from floor.
5. Must be able to climb a 12 foot ladder.
6. Must have reliable transportation to transfer to other farms.