Essential Job Functions:
1. Help with vaccination of individual chickens – up to 11,000 birds per day.
2. Move birds. Catch/pick up and carry (up to 20 feet) as many as 3,000-4.5 lb birds each day using proper lifting techniques.
3. Set up ranch prior to bird placements – routine heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
4. Gather eggs – which includes: Sorting eggs for: Size, Clean or dirty, Mis-shaped, and Chex or cracks. Clean eggs as
needed. Stacking flats.
5. Clean workrooms – sweeping with a broom, bending down to hold dustpan.
6. Empty trash – lift up to 50 lbs.
7. Change dip pans daily – empty rectangular plastic pan ½ full of liquid, replace liquid
8. Walk floors and slats to find eggs and dead birds. Help maintain and clean ranch grounds.
9. Clean waterers – lifting 40 lbs. to dump water, scrubbing up to 160 drinkers/day.
10. Clean lights – climb ladder 12’ to reach lights mounted in ceiling.
11. Transfer to other farms – reliable transportation.
12. Clean up ranch between flocks – routine heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), operate high-pressure washer.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Additional tasks as assigned.
1. Must be able to lift & carry 50 pounds.
2. Ability to walk 1.5 – 5 miles per day.
3. Able to step into & out of gathering pit numerous times each day (steep stairs).
4. Able to bend over & pick up eggs from floor.
5. Able to pick up & hang at chest height up to 5,500 birds (4 lbs. each) daily.
6. Able to catch/pick up & carry (up to 20 ft) up to 3,000 birds (4.5 lb) each day.
7. Must be able to climb a 12-foot ladder.
8. Must have reliable transportation.