Essential Job Functions:
1. Use high-pressure hoses to clean and rinse the machine and parts, squeegee the floors
2. Check the work schedule, receive cleaning assignment, obtain supplies required to perform the work, put on all of the
required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear and prepare for operations.
3. Prepare machinery for cleaning, remove materials from the machines and floors and place in the proper containers.
4. Breakdown, disassemble and / or loosen nuts, screws, belts, remove machine parts, conveyors, guard rails, lids, doors and
guards. Remove barrels, totes and other containers from the machine area, close valves, open doors, lids, drains and water
5. Assist with cross-training of employees, which may include shadowing, hands on teaching, explaining and evaluating for new
or current employees.
6. Conduct supplies and chemical inventories, as well as prepare needed reports for supervisor.
7. Blow down the production equipment, conveyors and machinery with the compressed air tool as required.
8. Prepare chemicals using titration methods and Quadexx systems to provide chemicals for daily cleaning. Troubleshoot
equipment if necessary and communicate with maintenance.
9. Scrape material from the machine parts, shovel excess into totes and soak parts as needed.
10. Obtain and apply the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing solution, apply foam to the surfaces, scrub surfaces and parts.
11. Dry tools, equipment, machines, walls, floors and re-assemble machinery as required.
12. At end of shift, secure all equipment, perform general housekeeping duties and complete all required paperwork. Be able to
fill in for lead if needed.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Attend training as required, including Quality Control, Human Resources, Vendors, etc.
2. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
2. Must be able to work in a team environment and train others in sanitation related duties.
3. Must be able to learn to clean different types of equipment.
4. Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform the job.
5. Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
6. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
7. Must be able to follow instructions.
8. Must be able to understand and follow written SSOP’s cleaning procedure.
9. Must be able to understand MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets).
10. Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position.
11. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
12. Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check.