Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair of equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Perform equipment repairs and overhauls consistent with skill level and assist other mechanics as needed.
- Ensure equipment is operating in a safe, reliable and optimal manner.
Additional Job Functions:
- Must be able and willing to learn any equipment or task and progress to higher maintenance levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years in industrial maintenance.
- Must have all the qualifications and meet the requirements of the Mechanic “B”, must possess all the abilities of Mechanic B in additional to being familiar with all principles of welding.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively English, perform basic math functions and comprehend equipment manuals and instructions.
- Must be able to construct and repair line equipment as well as do minor repairs requiring welding.
- Must be able to fabricate according to lay out instructions and be able to read blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Must be experienced in ar, mig, tig and plasma cutting of stainless steel and aluminum, must be familiar with all types of pumps (hydraulic, vaccum, water, etc.). Must have ability to weld and cut using oxygen and acetylene torches.
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical principals and be familiar with single and three phase controls and electric motors.
- Must have knowledge of production equipment, including pre-check, set-up and adjust line speeds. Must have the ability to understand gears, gear ratios and speed changes.
- Must know general safety procedures and regulations and must know how to read and understand MSDS sheets.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, move and work off ladders safely, work in confined spaces, be able to push, pull, bend, crouch, work on wet concrete floors and walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to pass the Industrial Maintenance Test and be able to work overtime, weekends, and/or times dictated by production requirements/needs.