Turkey Sausage Reuben Sandwich
This hearty sausage sandwich recipe, made with sauerkraut and Russian dressing, will satisfy any appetite!
5 Foster Farms Hot or Mild Italian Turkey Sausages
1 cup fresh sauerkraut
5 slices (3/4 oz.) low-fat Swiss cheese
5 deli-style French rolls
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt or low-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons chili sauce
1 teaspoon green onion, minced
1 teaspoon grated horseradish (optional)
1. To prepare dressing, in a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt or mayonnaise, chili sauce, onion and horseradish. Dressing can be prepared in advance and refrigerated.
2. Rinse sauerkraut in cold water to remove excess brine and drain well.
3. Spray grill or broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat grill or broiler to medium.
4. Grill sausages 5 inches from heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink when cut into. Turn several times during cooking.
5. Meanwhile, heat sauerkraut. Slice French rolls in half horizontally and lightly toast, if desired.
6. When fully cooked, remove sausages to warm plate. Spread dressing on both halves of roll and place cooked sausage on bottom half.
7. Top with Swiss cheese, warm sauerkraut and top half of roll. Serve immediately.