At Foster Farms, we’ve always been committed to freshness, quality, and the good health of our customers, so we remind you to follow the Poultry ABCs – Always Be Careful. Here are some tips to help ensure your family and food stay safe and healthy.
- Wash hands thoroughly with water and soap for at least 20 seconds before handling food.
- Wash hands after handling or switching between raw meats, poultry, seafood, or vegetables.
- Wash hands after using the restroom.
- Wash hands after using the phone.
- Wash hands after handling garbage or dirty dishes.
- Set your refrigerator to chill foods down to 40°F or less.
- Cooked poultry temperatures should be taken directly after cooking; continue cooking if necessary.
- Always cook foods to the proper internal temperature and use a meat thermometer. See our guidelines below.
Poultry/Boneless & Ground
Poultry/Bone-In: Breast Drums, Thighs & Wings
Poultry/Whole (At The Thigh)
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of cooking.
- Store leftovers in small portions for quicker chilling.
- Clean your sink before using it for food preparation.
- Wash utensils that have come in contact with the floor or other contaminated areas.
- Use only clean utensils to open packages and cans of food.
- Wash all produce thoroughly.
- Store washed produce in a new, clean container or bag.
- Wash utensils used for tasting before reusing.
- Store raw ingredients on refrigerator shelves below ready-to-eat foods.
- Refrigerate raw meats and poultry on a plate to prevent contamination of refrigerator shelves.
- Wash cutting boards and countertops with a mild bleach solution after cutting raw foods.
- Place cooked foods on a clean plate instead of returning them to the plate or marinade that held raw foods.
- Never wash raw chicken.
- Use separate cutting boards for raw meat & produce.