Assistant Manager Kopro
Fertilizer Plant, Livingston, CA | Swing | 35710
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervise the Fertilizer Plant swing shift, to insure the following: Safe, efficient, and economical production of Feed and Fertilizer.
2. Training of Production and Maintenance employees. Coaching and disciplinary actions of employees up to Suspensions pending.
3. Compliance with company and government quality control standards. Compliance with Company and Departmental policies and procedures. Compliance with company and government safety regulations.
4. Compliance with Organic Standards. Conducting weekly safety audits. Housekeeping (for Food safety and Combustible Dust standards)
5. Assist in Plant Maintenance to include: Maintaining supplies & replacement parts for machinery.
6. Assist in coordination and scheduling of maintenance projects. Assist in problem solving for breakdowns, calling in outside vendors when needed.
7. Manage Environmental compliance, including: Compliance of Air board requirements in regards to particulate emissions on dust control measures for the Fertilizer Plant, roadways, storage yard, and composting operations.
8. This includes responsibility for monitoring, maintenance to systems, record keeping, and employee training.
9. Compliance of Water Board issues including storm water management and SPCC. E.P.A. Compliance on audits, nutrient management practices, groundwater and storm water issues.
10. Assist Corporate Environmental Manager with annual environmental training, audits, and documentation. Compliance with all hazardous material use, training, storage, and disposal issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. After hours load outs .
1. 3 years minimum experience in a manufacturing/operations environment, with Supervisory and Preventative Maintenance experience.
2. BA/BS degree in Business Management, Ag business/Production preferred.
3. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, SAP, and kronos.
4. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and must have strong interpersonal skills. Bilingual preferred.
5. Balanced Technical/mechanical/human resource knowledge.
6. Able to evaluate production employees fairly and objectively.
7. Must be able to interface on a daily basis with all support groups or departments.
8. Knowledge of farming, fertilizer/nutrient management helpful.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Individuals are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
How To Apply
You can apply online by clicking HERE, where you will be able to upload a resume and cover letter.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
RE: Job ID 35710
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to job listings