Vehicle Safety Specialist
Livingston, CA | Days | 34501
Essential Job Functions
1. Conduct defensive driving classes for all Foster Farms Professional drivers.
2. Conduct Smith System® Space cushion, behind the wheel, driver training for non-professional drivers.
3. Conduct Powered Industrial Truck Safety training classes. Conduct yard hostler (yard goat) training for truck spotters.
4. Administer the Driver Performance Evaluation (pre-trip, skills, and drive test) portion of the DMV Employer Testing Program.
5. Conduct Agricultural Safety training classes to include, but not limited to, tractor safety, loader safety, and various types of construction equipment.
6. Ensure that Foster Farms vehicles, records, and drivers are in compliance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
7. Ensure that all Foster Farms Powered Industrial equipment and its operators are in compliance with OSHA standards and regulations.
8. Ensure that all employees working with hazardous materials are properly trained to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
9. Ensure that all prospective driver applicants are road tested to meet or exceed Foster Farms standards.
10. Develop and maintain training programs to keep Foster Farms employees informed and in compliance with the latest government regulations, requirements, and policies.
11. Maintain Vehicle Safety training database on all Foster Farms Employees.
12. Maintain DMV database for all Foster Farms Professional and Non-Professional drivers.
13. Conduct accident investigations as needed.
14. Respond to emergency incidents involving the corporation and shareholders 24-hours / 7 days a week.
15. Do over the road surveillance to ensure compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
16. Conduct drug and alcohol awareness training for all Foster Farms drivers.
1. Class “A” commercial driver license with knowledge for all endorsements.
2. Specialized knowledge in: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. California Highway Patrol BIT inspection procedures. Mechanical operations of Commercial Motor Vehicles.
3. Mechanical operations of Powered Industrial equipment. California Department of Motor Vehicles DL-170 testing program. Accident investigation procedures. Hazardous materials transportation procedures.
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
5. Driver Supervisory experience helpful.
6. 3-5 years experience as a trainer or teacher
7. Minimum of 5 years vehicle auditing experience.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
9. Excellent interpersonal skills.
10. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
11. Able to work with minimum supervision.
12. Must be able to travel out of the area extensively.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Individuals are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
How To Apply
You can apply online by clicking HERE, where you will be able to upload a resume and cover letter.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
RE: Job ID 34501
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to job listings