Fertilizer Plant Shift Supervisor
Burrell, CA | Swing | 31211
Essential Job Functions
1. Supervise the Fertilizer Plant day or swing shift, to insure the following: Safe, efficient, and economical production of fertilizer. Compliance with Organic Standards including inventory tracking and reconciliation.
2. Ensuring the HACCP plan is followed and properly documented. Training of employees coaching and disciplinary actions of employees up to suspensions pending.
3. Compliance with company and government quality control standards. Compliance with Company and Departmental policies and procedures. Compliance with company and government safety regulations.
4. Conducting weekly safety audits. Housekeeping.
5. Assist in Plant Maintenance to include: Maintaining supplies & replacement parts for machinery.
6. Assist in coordination and scheduling of maintenance projects. Assist in problem solving for breakdowns, calling in outside vendors when needed. Assist in training for maintenance staff.
7. Manage Environmental compliance, including: Compliance of Air board requirements in regards to particulate emissions on dust control measures for the Fertilizer Plant, roadways, and storage yard.
8. This includes responsibility for monitoring, maintenance to systems, record keeping, and employee training.
9. Compliance of Water Board issues including storm water management and SPCC.
10. Assist Corporate Environmental Manager with annual environmental training, audits, and documentation.
11. Compliance with all hazardous material use, training, storage, and disposal issues.
12. After hour load outs.
1. BS in Agriculture Science/production or related field preferred.
2. Three-five years experience in a production/maintenance environment.
3. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. Must be detailed oriented. Have strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
6. HACCP experience helpful.
7. Able to prioritize/adjust quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision to meet changing plant needs.
8. Able to work flexible hours.
9. Proficient use of PC including Excel, Word, SAP.
10. Knowledge of farming, fertilizer/nutrient management helpful.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
How To Apply
You can apply online by clicking HERE, where you will be able to upload a resume and cover letter.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
RE: Job ID 31211
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to job listings