Journey Level Mechanic 2
Turlock, CA | Day | 30477
Essential Job Functions
1. Insure equipment is operating in a safe, reliable and optimal manner
2. Effectively troubleshoot and repair all equipment in an expert manner
3. Carry out preventative maintenance efficiently and expertly
4. Train mechanics of lower classification.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must have all of the qualifications and meet requirements of the Journey 1 Mechanic.
2. Must have a minimum of seven Ɨ) years industrial maintenance experience, preferably in the food industry
3. Must be able to work without supervision. Must be an expert comprehension of pumps, gear ratios and speeds and operation of hand and power tools.
4. Must be able to expertly run and maintain all equipment in the processing facility. Must be able to expertly use welding and cutting equipment, and be proficient in all aspects of plant maintenance.
5. Must be able to expertly troubleshoot electrical equipment, repair electrical systems and components. Must have the ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
6. Must be able to troubleshoot and have a working knowledge of programmable logic controllers and PLC ladder logic. Must fully understand, troubleshoot and potentially repair electrical controls, motors, relays and auxiliary equipment.
7. Must have a good understanding of salient OSHA standards and guidelines. Must be able to climb and safely work off of ladders and in confined spaces
8. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English, perform basic math functions and comprehend equipment manuals and instructions
9. Must have metal fabrication skills as well as mill and lathe knowledge and experience. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
10. Must have the knowledge and a good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment functions and be able to effectively troubleshoot and repair
11. Must be able to push, pull, bend and crouch. Must be able to work on wet concrete floors, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to pass the Industrial maintenance test
12. Must be able to work overtime, weekends and/or times dictated by production requirements/needs. Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Individuals are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
How To Apply
You can apply online by clicking HERE, where you will be able to upload a resume and cover letter.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
RE: Job ID 30477
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to job listings