Journey Level Mechanic 1
Turlock, CA | Swing | 29272
Essential Job Functions
1. Insure equipment is operating in a safe, reliable and optimal manner. Consistently look for ways to improve or for ways to increase equipment reliability and efficiency.
2. Troubleshoot and repair all related plant equipment in a timely manner and with minimum downtime demonstrating urgency and accuracy.
3. Complete work orders, part requisitions and PM’s on time and on schedule with accuracy and excellent craftsmanship.
4. Encourage good safety practice and insure GMP are maintained within the department and promote engagement and leadership.
5. Train mechanics of lower classification and maintain a clean and safe well organize working environment for all. Maintain a good working relationship and communication with all levels.
6. Must be able and willing to learn any equipment or task and progress to higher maintenance levels.
Other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a minimum of five ƕ) years industrial maintenance experience preferably in the food industry.
2. Must have all the qualifications and meet all the requirements of the Journey Level Mechanic.
3. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English, perform basic math functions and comprehend equipment manuals and instructions.
4. Must also have a good understanding of electronics and PLC’s. Must be able to expertly troubleshoot and have the ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics.
5. Must be able to expertly use welding and cutting equipment and be proficient in all aspects of plant maintenance system and operation.
6. Must be capable of understanding electrical controls, wiring devises, motor controls, VFD’s, relay logic and solid state devices and controls.
7. Must be familiar with pumps, understand gear ratios, operate hand and power tools effectively and safely using proper PPE. Must have a good understanding of salient OSHA standards and guidelines.
8. Must have knowledge and good understanding of hydraulics and pneumatic equipment functions and be able to effectively troubleshoot and repair.
9. Must have metal fabrication skills as well as mill and lathe knowledge. Must be able to climb and work safely from ladders and in confined spaces.
10. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to push, pull, bend and crouch. Must be able to work on wet concrete floors, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
11. Must be able to pass the Industrial Maintenance Test. Must be able to work overtime, weekends and/or times dictated by production requirements/needs.
12. Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
How To Apply
You can apply online by clicking HERE, where you will be able to upload a resume and cover letter.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
RE: Job ID 29272
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to job listings