If you accept challenges head on and are eager to leverage your individual strengths and experience in running and maintaining a world-class food processing environment, a career in Operations at Foster Farms is for you. We have openings in the following areas:
- Live Production
- Plant Operations
Hover over the image to read Colleen's story.
- Grain and soy division – We oversee the procurement, trading and logistics of grain and other ingredients for our customers. In addition to supplying products to meet all of our internal feed needs, we provide feed to many California dairies and livestock operations.
- Manufacturing operations – This includes our Turlock and Traver roller mills, Traver and outside commodity barns, liquid feed plant in Kingsburg, vitamin and mineral plant in Burrel, and our organic and natural fertilizer in Livingston. We also manage hundreds of acres of farmland primarily dedicated to growing delicious almonds.
- Fats and oils and Vitamins and Minerals divisions – We supervise the procurement of ingredients needed for our manufacturing operations. We manage the logistics of liquid feed and micro ingredients for internal consumption and external sales for poultry, dairy and other customers. We also manage a large dry goods warehouse. We even operate a small truck fleet for a portion of our delivery needs.
- Sales and Marketing – We have a talented field sales and internal merchandizing team committed to meeting our customers feed, blended products and fertilizer needs. This team is supported by a dedicated purchasing and accounting team.
- Organic division – We process and manufacture a unique brand of organic and organic-based fertilizers that are used in commercial operations, organic farming operations, golf courses and local farmers. These fertilizers are marketed under the Organic Farms and Nature Tech fertilizers brands. Visit our website at www.organicfarmsfertilizers.com.
“Working for a multi-billion dollar company I was surprised at how much interaction I had with senior level management. My first position at Foster Farms was as a Management Trainee. In this position I was able to gain exposure to the feed formulation process, plant assets allocation, grain trading and merchandising, and dairy feed sales. After I completed the training program I was promoted into the Dairy Feed Sales team. I take pride coming to work every day and representing Foster Farms products. I am truly passionate about my job and Foster Farms. ”