We manage the corporate environmental functions within Foster Farms. We create, maintain and implement corporate environmental programs. We direct spill response activities, provide environmental training and perform audits. We oversee permitting and planning actions, guide record keeping practices, participate in rule development processes and negotiate any penalties.
We are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for all employees. We also assist in the investigation of civil and criminal matters. Since the department is responsible for 24/7 coverage, we staff a dispatch center to field after-hours security and corporate calls. We also provide family protection and specialized patrols.
We are a fully integrated Special Investigations and Claim Adjusting Unit that services all of our locations. Our goal is to mitigate and eliminate company loss exposure. To that end, we employ aggressive claims management and diligent investigations. Customer Service is our number one priority and we take pride in the services we provide. We adjust and manage all Product, Vehicle and General liability claims, as well as provide investigation services to Workers' Compensation, Human Resources, Production and Legal.
The Vehicle Safety Department provides education and training to all Foster Farms professional drivers to ensure their safety on the highways. In addition, the Vehicle Safety Department conducts safety audits in all of the transportation departments of the company to ensure that equipment is safe and all of the driver's files and related documentation is in compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
We also run a driver school that trains employees to drive commercial vehicles.
Foster Farms has established itself as a leader in Vehicle Safety in California, Washington, and Oregon, winning awards in each of these states as the safest fleet. In fact, we won the Grand Directors Trophy from the California Trucking Association in 2004 as the safest fleet in California for companies with gross revenue over $10 million dollars.
We're responsible for administering workers' compensation benefits to Foster Farms employees as quickly and fairly as possible in compliance with state law. It's our responsibility to make sure an injured employee receives proper medical treatment for their injury in order to help them return to work, and to pay disability payments correctly and on time, in those cases where employees are not medically able to return.
We provide First Aid treatment for both work related injuries/illnesses and non-job related medical emergencies. We focus on promoting and restoring health, preventing injury/illness and protecting workers from occupational and environmental hazards. To help achieve our goals, we provide health, safety and wellness education and training with an emphasis on prevention and ergonomics. Medical Services also maintains legal, regulatory, and ethical compliance standards.
Director of Environmental Affairs
Director of Risk Management
- Strong working knowledge of the federal, state, and local environmental laws applicable to the poultry industry, and of the agencies that implement those laws
- Effective management of time and environmental information in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to establish credibility, show good faith and due diligence, and demonstrate compliance with laws (this is the most critical aspect of reducing corporate liability)
- Strong written and verbal skills that allow the relevance and importance of environmental information to be understood by people at all levels within Foster Farms and, when dealing with regulatory agencies, influence the extent and severity of enforcement
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous environmental compliance issues in a manner consistent with business objectives
Environmental Affairs Assistant Manager
- BS in Risk Management, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, or related field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years directing the following areas of Corporate Risk ManagementLiability Claims Management including GL, AL and Product Workers' compensation claims management within Self-Insured/Self Administered Plan in California Third Party Administrator supervision-Investigations / Audit-Security-Employee Health and Safety and Medical Services-Vehicle Safety, Comprehensive knowledge in civil, criminal, workers compensation, and personnel law
- Senior management experience in a large multi-departmental organization
Corporate Security Manager
- BS Degree in Environmental Science, Industrial Health, Biological Science or equivalent
- 5 years of professional experience working on the development and implementation of corporate environmental compliance and training programs
- In-depth knowledge in three or more of the following specialties: air quality, drinking water, wastewater, storm water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, site remediation, emergency response, pesticide safety, underground storage tank regulations or environmental training
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws, regulations and standards
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000
Security Systems Coordinator
- BS in Criminal Justice or related field
- 10 years of law enforcement experience
- Previous management experience
- College degree in a related field or five years experience as a systems technician
- Possess or obtain Qualified Manager/Owner license through the Department of Consumer Affairs
- Maintain industry standards in alarm and security technology
- CCTV, CCD, analog and digital monitoring, and recording experience
- Associate degree in criminal justice or four years of applicable experience in physical security and investigations
- Capable of making mature and sound decisions under stress
- 4+ years' supervisory experience
- Budgeting experience
- Valid California drivers license
- Ability to question, interrogate, investigate and analyze different and/or vague situations
- BA in Criminal Justice, Risk Management or related field
- 5 years of claims experience, including three years as a manager, licensed independent claims adjuster, licensed private investigator or licensed independent claims adjuster
- Knowledge of civil, criminal and labor laws
- Knowledge of advanced investigative methodologies, including forensic accounting, interview and interrogation and information databases
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in both individual and team setting with minimum supervision, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Claims Management Software.
Senior Claims Adjuster
- BA in Criminal Justice or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Claims Management Software
- Licensed private investigator preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge of basic investigative methodologies, including forensic accounting, interview and interrogation, and information databases
Vehicle Safety Manager
- Licensed independent claims adjuster
- BA or BS Degree in Risk Management or related field
- 2-5 years' experience as a Claims Adjuster
- Advanced knowledge of liability claims protocol and claims assessment
- Working knowledge of accounting, purchasing and daily basic business practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
Vehicle Safety Specialist
- BA or equivalent
- Working knowledge of governing laws and regulations for the trucking industry
- 10 years' experience in the transportation industry with a minimum of 5 years as a manager
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work in both individual and team work settings with minimum supervision
- BA or equivalent experience
- Specialized knowledge in: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, California Highway Patrol BIT inspection procedures, mechanical operations of Commercial Motor Vehicles, mechanical operations of Powered Industrial equipment, California Department of Motor Vehicles DL-170 testing program, accident investigation procedures
- Must be able to travel out of the area extensively
- Class "A" driver's license with all endorsements
- Valid commercial drivers license with all endorsements
- Valid DOT medical card
- Clean DMV record as per Foster Farms professional driver policy
- Good computer skills
- Ability to conduct training classes and understand/work with all applicable laws and regulations governing commercial motor vehicles
- BS or equivalent preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in risk management, ARM preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in workers' compensation claims management in California
- Certificate to administer claims for self-insured plans in California
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Highly organized with excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Licensed Registered Nurse, certification as Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist, B.S.N.
- CPR certification and instructor certification
- AED certification
Back to top