Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 36328
Essential Job Functions
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide a provisional entry level position within the IT Department which will primarily support the Service Center function while evaluating the employee’s ability to gain new skills and leverage them against real-world scenarios. This will provide IT management with the opportunity to evaluate the employee’s approach to problem resolution, their desire to gain new knowledge and responsibilities, and their penchant for adapting to an ever-changing IT environment in order to determine the employee’s aptitude to become a successful full-time staff member within the IT department. The position will have an effective duration of up to 18 months.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will be accountable for the total contact ownership of each request for technical assistance. Escalation and routing of issues to the appropriate resource. Set and meet time commitments within the guidelines identified by the existing Service Level Agreement. Determines issue prioritization within the guidelines set forth by the Service Center Manager.
The position interacts with all locations and levels within the company as a source of first and second level support, as well as with all IT departments for problem escalation and resolution when necessary. The employee will be expected to be the first point of communication for all escalated issues to keep the customer updated. Additionally, this position interacts with both Business Systems and Infrastructure team members on a weekly basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. To provide customer service in response to requests for technical assistance viaphone, email, walk-in, or on-site contact. Track, diagnose, and resolve hardware, operating system, and application issues.
2. Identify the criticality of each request
and escalate situations which require additional support.
3. Install, deploy, troubleshoot, and repair hardware (desktop, laptop, printers, RFTs,and peripherals) and software applications.
4. Acquire knowledge through interactions within all facets of the IT department and assist those functions through documentation, testing, training, and reporting and
support of software/hardware solutions employed within the Foster Farms computing
5. Participation in projects in order to ensure that customer support requirements are addressed prior to a rollout or a go live.
6. Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) relating to installation of various applications and troubleshooting techniques and procedures.
Other duties as assigned by the Service Center Manager.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or software engineering is required.
2. Must be able to work various shift schedules.
3. Highly self-motivated and self-directed. Capable and willing to learn systems with limited supervision.
4. Experience learning and documenting business requirements.
5. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with non-technical staff, IT staff, and business teams.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, customers, and team members in both written and verbal form.
7. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute tasks in a changing and demanding environment.
8. Familiarity with MS operating systems (XP – Win7) and Office applications.
9. Strong troubleshooting skills, sound judgment and decision making abilities.
10. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
11. Strong customer service, communications, and interpersonal skills.
12. Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
13. Strong service oriented mentality with a desire to help others.
14. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings