Programmer Analyst II BI
Location: Livingston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Hourly |
Job ID: 36237
Essential Job Functions
1. Complete complex design, programming, configuration and troubleshooting assignments in the BI SYSTEMS area: Develop business requirements and program specifications that will be converted into application software or packaged software configuration that is well documented, maintainable and satisfies defined business needs).
2. Identify, define, document, and resolve assigned system problems.
3. Develop systems documentation. Develop system maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and perform associated maintenance activities.
4. Create, modify, implement, and/or execute unit test plans, which adequately exercise the performance of the assigned software function(s).
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required.
2. Minimum 3 to 7 years experience in Systems Development, developing moderately complex IT solutions to improve business processes.
3. Minimum of 3 to 7 years of progressive responsibility in software analysis, design, development, configuration and programming including experience using one or more of SAP ABAP, C, C++, Visual Basic (VB), Java, and/or PL/SQL, VB.NET, Java, PL/SQL, Socket Programming, Shell Scripts or Perl.
4. Thorough understanding and use of coding methods and best practices.
5. Basic knowledge of SAP ECC – including FI, CO, SD, PP, MM, QM, PM.
6. Understanding of HTML, XML, ETL concepts and other B2B communication techniques and standards.
7. Understanding of how to interview end users for insight on functionality, problems, or usability issues and needs.
8. Understanding of software development lifecycle phases and activities, and project management principles.
9. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with members of other IT and business teams, both written and verbal.
10. Thorough understanding of developing and completing test cases and test scenarios.
11. Demonstrated ability to prepare technical and user documentation for projects and enhancements.
12. Demonstrated capability to work to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision making ability.
13. Self motivated and directed.
14. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
15. Ability to effectively execute tasks in a changing and demanding environment.
16. Strong service orientation skills with a desire to help others.
17. Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
1. Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience related to Business Intelligence systems, including SAP BI 7.0 or similar environment, performing data extracts/uploads, process support and database administration.
2. Minimum 2 to 3 years development work in a database environment (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
3. Understanding of relational database and operating systems experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle, as related to Business Intelligence solutions design and development.
4. Expertise and experience developing complex SAP BW objects including DataSources, Extract Structures, Transfer Rules, Update Rules, Communication Structures, Rules, ODS objects, InfoCubes, InfoObjects, and MultiCubes for multiple functional areas.
5. Experience in developing complex Business Intelligence reporting solutions, particularly in SAP BW and SAP Business Objects.
6. Must demonstrate understanding of how Master Data functions in BW (i.e. SAP hierarchy) and process implications of making changes to the Master Data.
7. Ability to perform moderately complex ABAP development, including capability to design and various customizing techniques, with little direction.
• Master’s degree.
• 2 to 3 years of business experience supporting complex data mining and reporting in multiple business areas including finance, supply chain, plant accounting, marketing, and CRM.
• Working knowledge of Crystal Reports and Cognos.
• IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
• Consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to move up within the organization.
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must be have to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8. Must be able to deal with periodic high stress situations
9. Must be able to stay calm and focused when dealing with difficult issues
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings