Senior Programmer Analyst BI
Location: Livinston, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 35926
Essential Job Functions
Complete complex requirements analysis, design, configuration, programming and troubleshooting assignments: (Develop technical programs or system specifications that will be converted into application software or configurations that are well documented, maintainable and satisfy defined business needs)
Provide support to existing user community regarding all aspects of manufacturing systems.
Develop systems technical, training, testing, functional, and design documentation. Develop system maintenance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and perform associated maintenance activities.
Create, modify, implement, and/or execute unit and integration test plans, which adequately exercise the performance of the assigned software function(s).
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or engineering required.
2. At least 7 years total information technology experience
3. Minimum of 7 years of progressive responsibility in software analysis, design, development, configuration and programming including extensive experience using one or more of SAP ABAP, C, C++, Visual Basic (VB), Java, and/or PL/SQL, VB.NET, Java, PL/SQL, Socket Programming, Shell Scripts or Perl.
4. Minimum 5 years experience in developing complex IT solutions to improve business processes within area(s) of expertise and other related fields.
5. Must possess excellent critical thinking skills and be capable of envisioning creative solutions to complex and challenging business process/system issues.
6. Basic knowledge of SAP ECC – including FI, CO, SD, PP, MM, QM, PM.
7. Capable and experienced in training others regarding areas of expertise.
8. Expertise in interviewing end users for insight on functionality, problems, or usability issues and needs.
9. Experience learning and documenting complex business processes.
10. Experience with all software development lifecycle phases and activities.
11. Thorough understanding of, and experience with, developing and completing test cases and test scenarios.
12. Demonstrated ability to prepare technical and user documentation for projects and enhancements.
13. Demonstrated task tracking and project coordination skills.
14. Demonstrated capability to work to a structured work plan with aggressive milestones and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making ability.
15. Must be highly goal and results oriented.
16. Must be highly self-motivated and driven – must be capable and willing to learn complex systems with minimal supervision.
17. Must be effective teacher/mentor to educate other team members in areas of expertise.
18. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management, users, and team members, both written and verbal.
1. Minimum of 4 years experience related to Business Intelligence systems, including SAP BI 7.0 or similar environment, performing data extracts/uploads, process support and database administration.
2. Minimum 4 years development work in a database environment (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
3. Extensive knowledge of relational database and operating systems experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle, as related to Business Intelligence solutions design and development.
4. Expertise and experience developing complex SAP BW objects including DataSources, Extract Structures, Transfer Rules, Update Rules, Communication Structures, Rules, ODS objects, InfoCubes, InfoObjects, and MultiCubes for multiple functional areas.
5. Experience in developing complex Business Intelligence reporting solutions, particularly in SAP BW and SAP Business Objects, and capable to train others.
6. Must demonstrate detailed understanding of how Master Data functions in BW (i.e. SAP hierarchy) and process implications of making changes to the Master Data.
7. Ability to perform complex ABAP development with little direction, including capability to design and various customizing techniques.
8. Thorough understanding and use of coding methods and best practices.
9. Must be effective teacher/mentor to educate other team members in Business Intelligence capabilities and best practices.
• Master’s degree.
• 3-5 years of business experience supporting complex data mining and reporting in multiple business areas including finance, supply chain, plant accounting, marketing, and CRM.
• Working knowledge of Crystal Reports and Cognos.
• IT experience working in a manufacturing organization for a $1+ billion organization.
• Consumer products industry experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to move up within the organization.
1. Must have reliable transportation
2. Must have be able to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to travel over night occasionally
4. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Livingston, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
5. Must be able to sit for long periods of time
6. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
7. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
8. Must be able to deal with periodic high st
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings