Senior Food Scientist
Location: Turlock, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 34415
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide technical support to develop and implement new and/or improved processes and products.
2. Identify, test and optimize production parameters which will improve yields and processing efficiencies.
3. Maximize utilization of all available raw materials for product formulations to obtain least-cost formulating while maintaining corporate quality standards.
4. Prepare, update, and issue cost estimate requests and new labels.
5. Provide technical assistance to operations.
1. B.S. or M.S. in Meat Science, Poultry Science, Food Science or related field.
2. Advanced degrees count toward work experience.
3. Must have five- seven years experience in meat or poultry product development.
4. At least three years of direct involvement in product development and commercialization testing.
5. Understanding of specification/recipe management (PLM) software.
6. Knowledge of poultry processing, food processing and related equipment.
7. Worked for or with multi-component meal manufacturers.
8. Must have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment and decision-making ability.
9. Must be able to communicate effectively with varying levels of management and team leads, both written and verbal.
10. Versed in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
11. Excellent math skills - must be able to formulate food products.
1. Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel 30%
2. Must be have or be able to obtain CA drivers license
3. Must be able to have consistent attendance in the Turlock, or other assigned Foster Farms’ Office
4. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
5. Must be able to drive to various company and vendor locations
6. Must be able to work on the computer for long periods of time
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings