Purchasing Manager Commodities
Location: Fresno, CA |
Shift: Day |
Status: Exempt |
Job ID: 30847
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide purchasing support for ordering and budgeting for internal and external feed facilities.
2. Plus assist in the budgeting, planning, financial justification and acquisition of various products required for our feed mills and other feed ingredient facilities. Support business units as needed.
3. Initiate, develop and issue Request for Proposals and evaluate competitive bids and provide financial analysis that drives source selection. This process to include evaluating suppliers and selection of vendors.
4. Develop recommendations targeted to deliver most favorable Quality, Cost, Timing, Service, Safety and Technology.
5. Negotiate and write contracts for acquisition and establish performance guarantees for customer protection based on specifications.
6. Manage inventory turns and costs to maximize RONA benefits to the company while insuring adequate supplies.
7. Provide purchasing support in creation of long/short term strategic purchasing plans that support budgeting, planning, financial justification, acquisition & requirements of our Poultry, Turkey, Dairy feed & Ingredient plants & requirements throughout U.S
8. Provide support to ensure Foster Farms remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations for feed ingredients.
9. Assist with submission of annual budgets.
10. Participate, develop and assist in the negotiation and writing of contracts for acquisition of goods.
11. Identify and implement cost savings projects for the company.
12. Other projects as assigned.
1. BS degree in Ag Business, Business, Materials Management, Finance or Economics required.
2. Three years previous experience managing and developing employees.
3. Five years Materials Management experience required.
4. Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills required.
5. Computer literate in Microsoft Office and ERP package.
6. Proven track record of being able to work in collaborative work groups.
7. Decisive decision maker with a sense of urgency.
8. Must be a “self-starter” comfortable working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to influence, lead and train employees (direct & indirect).
11. MBA preferred, three plus years experience managing a purchasing department.
12. Basic understanding of livestock feeding and nutrition. Proficient in SAP (Materials Management).
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Or mail your resume to:
Foster Farms Central Employment
P.O. Box 457
Livingston, CA 95334
Back to Job Listings