Being a good neighbor is very important to us. That's why we give back by supporting a wide variety of charitable, non-profit, educational and community projects.
Our spirit of giving is a long-standing Foster Family tradition. Inspired by the family's generosity, Foster employees established "Christmas Kids," a group that annually provide gifts and food baskets for local area families during the holidays. This group has expanded to provide assistance to Seniors' groups, as well as children, year-round.
But that's just the beginning. Our Kelso, Washington office runs special programs for the Pacific Northwest. Our team in Demopolis, Alabama is involved in local community outreach. And the Livingston Corporate office administers our California efforts, concentrated on Merced and Stanislaus Counties where the majority of Foster Farms' employees live and work.
Here are some of the causes we're involved in, both around the corner and across the globe:
- American Cancer Society's "Relay For Life," "Daffodil Days" and R.O.C.K (Recreational Opportunities for Cancer Kids)
- American Red Cross and Salvation Army natural disaster relief
- Center for Human Services that provides social services to all ages
- Community Recreational Opportunities for Children such as Little League, organized soccer, football, cheerleading, etc.
- Donations of poultry products for countless community organizations to help fundraising efforts
- High School Music, Science and Athletic programs
- High School Sober Grad Nite Celebrations
- High School Athletic programs
- Hospice, CHERISH (a food program for the elderly)
- Modesto Gospel Mission that ministers to street people
- Modesto Police Department partnership that helps provide substance abuse training in Modesto City and County schools
- Redwood Family Center that houses women and children
- Various schools' outdoor education programs (camps away from home for several days)
- 3-year pledge to the Empire pool project (youth recreation)
- 10-year pledge to the Gallo Art Center building project in Modesto, California
- 10-year pledge to the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California
Business & Education Partnerships
- Annual scholarships to Merced Community College and Modesto Junior College
- Endowed scholarships to area universities including: UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, California State University at Fresno, California State University at Stanislaus and Porterville Community College
- Stanislaus Partners In Education that works to fill the gaps caused by State budget cuts
- 5-year pledge to UC Merced for a Service Learning program
- We match employee contributions to special circumstance events, like the 2004 Tsunami in Asia.
- Foster Farms participates in Capital Building projects with agencies including the Salvation Army in Turlock and in Modesto; the Ronald McDonald House in Fresno; Livingston Senior Elementary School and Livingston Child Development Center in Livingston.
- We match employee giving dollar for dollar to ensure the success of our United Way campaign.
- Foster Farms provides product donations to the Modesto, Turlock, Atwater, Merced and Fresno Salvation Armies for their holiday food programs.
- Foster Farms donates product to Second Harvests across the country.
Foster Farms employees serve on numerous local Boards including the California Education Partnering Coalition, CSU, Stanislaus Alumni Association, Stanislaus County Partners in Education, Emmanuel Medical Center Foundation, and the Turlock Chamber of Commerce.